Backup IMAP Data from Outlook
When you configure Outlook with an IMAP account, it stores a local copy of IMAP mailboxes in OST format, and with the help of this file, users can continue working on their mailboxes. But, if this OST file gets corrupt or removed accidentally, you wouldn’t be able to access the IMAP data without establishing a connection with the mailing server. So, it’s necessary to continuously backup your IMAP data.
Here we have mentioned some methods which you can use to backup IMAP mailboxes in Outlook.
Manual Method to Backup IMAP Account Configured with Outlook
One of the fastest methods to backup IMAP emails is to use the “Import/Export” option of Outlook 2013/2016. With the help of import/export wizard, an OST file can easily be converted to PST format. Follow the below steps to understand the process:
- Open Outlook 2013/2016 and go to the File tab.
- Now, select Open & Export and click Import/Export.
- The Import and Export Wizard will appear on the screen. Select Export to a file and click Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Now, select the IMAP folder you want to backup and click Next.Note: With this method, you can backup only one mailbox at a time
- Select the location where you want to save this file and click Finish.This way you can easily backup IMAP mailboxes manually. But there are some complications with the manual methods, such as you can lose your data if an error occurs. So, it’s better to choose an alternative way to backup IMAP mailboxes.